Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Keeping Fit- Part 2

So,I have mentioned what I am doing for food.Here, I will outline the exercise side. It IS easier for me to fit it in, as I have teens to help. However, I always make priority, and make sure I do 3 times a week at a minimum. Usually 30, or 50 minutes, and sometimes 5 times a week. It usually totals to 2 and a half hours which is ample, but 1, and a half hours is great, too. To be honest, even sacrificing something else you like to do, like reading a book, etc. It is well worth fitting it in.

So, I had done Rosemary Conley's videos for years, but find Davina Mcall's much more challenging, and suited to whole body work outs. They are not easy, but it is possible to trade the high impact moves for low impact moves, and then build up. High impact, is not recommended after 3 months of pregnancy, and the first 4 months post partum.

I actually feel great, and often play badminton with the children, and go for long walks. I find I don't tire quite so easily, and am building good muscle tone. Of course, muscle burns more calories than fat, so it is win win.

So, what is the point in keeping fit?
Well, it says in the Bible that bodily exercise profiteth little, and in proverbs 31, when describing the Proverbs woman, it quotes, ''She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.''
If you are like me, and useless at sewing etc, then there is no excuse for making ourselves ready for our tasks, unless we have an illness. Just about everyone can incorporate exercise in their routine. I always feel better for being fitter, and healthier too. I find if you are tired a lot, you can't really accomplish a lot. I am not so tired when I do exercise, and it really does help at THAT time of the month. Research has proven it, and I will testify to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment