Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 March 2018

Weekly Food Shop Savings Without Compromise

I used to often buy brands such as Mcvities, Kenco, Nestle, and Andrex, but of late have been disgusted by the shrinking of the pack sizes. Shreddies is only 440 grams (that is 60grams lost) Digestives are 100grams smaller, Andrex have less tissues, and so on. I decided that I would check out the supermarket brands and see which were the best. Of course I already buy some supermarket brands, but was reluctant to change on stuff like butter, biscuits, shreddies, and coffee. I have since changed my mind, and will run through all our favourites, having tried them all!

Butter
Now, I was really annoyed when Anchor, and the other main brands hit past the £3 level. I had previously bought for £2 on offer, but couldn't find any! So, I tried all the supermarket spreadable butter brands, and Asda was the worst, but Tesco was the best, and more real butter content than the leading brand.

Cereals
Asda own brands have top marks. They have a huge range, and they are super cheap. For example, you can get multigrain loops for 89p a box. There are loads to choose from- malted wheats, wheatbisks, cornflakes, fruit, and fibre etc. They have the best range of any supermarket.

Biscuits
Again, Asda wins, their chocolate biscuits are excellent, and 44 pence for 300 g a fraction of the price of Mcvities.


Coffee
Asda's range wins again. Their own brand columbian coffee is superb, though we didn't like the Italian one, as it was too bitter. £1.99 for 100g.
Also, their 200g coffee is only £2.39 60p cheaper than the other brands.

Be interested to hear your favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment