Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Our New Chore Chart!

I was faced with having to write up another chore chart, as the one we were using had become very faded in places. However, considering it took me the best part of a couple of hours to do the last time, I was not relishing a repeat..........Then, I got thinking, well why don't we do it a simpler way. So, I come up with a new idea. Here is how it works, and could work for anyone. 1) I drew a list of all the jobs that need completing every day. (I found 16) 2) I wrote them down on pieces of card. (all the same colour, and size, or it would be unfair, as people would guess!) 3) I took an envelope for each child, and wrote their names on each. 4)I then figured, that there were 16 jobs, and 8 children. So, I gave them 2 jobs to pick each for each day, without seeing what they are. They then place them into their envelopes, and the process is repeated every evening after the jobs are finished. How did they feel about it? Well, I am pretty sure they will vote to keep it, as they never know what jobs they will get, and everyone gets an equal amount. It is simple, and you can take it anywhere with you. If I didn't have a number I could divide equally I would of let the younger children just pick one, instead of two. However, this is perfect, as the youngest really want to be doing their share.

1 comment: